Lattice Ideas For Under The Deck
Lattice Ideas For Under The Deck
Lattice is the number one choice for homeowners when it comes to how they enclose the underside of their deck.
Aside from the fact that lattice is the most cost effective choice available, it also allows the much needed airflow in the area.
The airflow will eliminate the chance of mold and moisture build up beneath the deck. The lattice can also keep leaves from blowing and gathering under the deck area. Let’s face it, this area can be hard to maintain.
The lattice can also keep animals from moving in and causing havoc under this space. There are also cosmetic reasons for using lattice under the deck.
Let’s take a look at a few ideas for lattice below your deck:
Consider including a lattice door that will give you access beneath your deck for a new storage area.
You can add any size door to the area but remember to consider the location of the deck post. Now not only will you have a nice look, but you have conquered the lack of storage issue for your outdoor items.
An upper level deck does not need to appear bare at the lower section. Incorporate the lattice sheets with the stairs and around the exposed areas to accomplish a unique look that ties the area together.
Leaving a large opening allows you a space that can be turned into either storage or better yet an additional outdoor room. Incorporate landscaping and now you have a beautiful focal point.
You can choose several ways to install the lattice below your deck. Either a framed lattice sheet look, a continuous lattice sheet look, post exposed or post hidden look.
Each of these installation processes will give you a different look for your lattice beneath the deck. Want to see more options? Check out Houzz.com for some under-the-deck inspiration!
There is not a set in stone way lattice must be added to your deck. It’s all about the look you want.
Blending a framed lattice sheet with brick supports gives a clean crisp look to any deck bottom. You can also add stone columns around the bottom deck post and bring the lattice sheet right up to each column to achieve a formal looking deck.
Remember, you can mix colors for your deck and lattice ideas. Contrasting colors of lattice and railing can make the deck area pop as well as enhance the rest of the home.
With lattice, you can choose either a square or diagonal opening to create any design you can imagine. Lattice will enhance the look of your entire deck area.
Permalatt Products, Inc. manufactures the DuraShell® solid cellular core lattice. We offer opening sizes of 1” square, 1” diagonal, 1-7/8” diagonal, 2” square, 2-3/4” diagonal and 3” diagonal.
That’s six opening sizes, not just “privacy or standard”. Our standard sheet sizes are 12” x 6’ or 8’, 16” x 6’ or 8’, 4’ x 6’ and 4’ x 8’. Yes, six sheet sizes are available as well.
Don’t see the sheet size you need? We are capable of manufacturing custom sheet sizes for your convenience. We offer U-channel to frame or guide the lattice sheet as well as an H-channel to connect the lattice sheets in your project.
We invite you to continue browsing our Facebook page and peruse our website. You will see many other ways to use the Decorative 3D and DuraShell® lattice.
Don’t forget to request a sample kit online or contact us with any questions or to receive a free quote for your current project.
How to Install Lattice Under a Deck » The Money Pit
How to Install Lattice Under a Deck
Decks & Patios
Photo credit: Trex Lattice Works by Tom Kraeutler
Leave a Comment [Sponsored by: Arrow Fastener]
Having a deck to call your own is one of the most satisfying parts of owning a home. Spring is the perfect season to get that deck ready for the enjoyable seasons ahead, filled with friends, family and great outdoor conversations.
You should always begin the season with a thorough inspection of your deck to make sure that all points fastened to your home and all railings are secure. If any decking boards are warped or cracking, you can remove them and turn them over, reattaching them to the structure with deck screws (most cracks and twists are caused by exposure to sunlight. By turning the board over, you have a fresh surface once again!).
Next, give your deck a proper pre-season cleaning using a pressure washer and deck cleaner. Let the surface dry thoroughly, and if the deck also needs refinishing, make that job next on your list. A solid stain is a great choice for an older deck, as it will cover any wear but still allow the beautiful wood grain to show.
To make your deck really stand out, why not finish off exposed areas underneath with decorative lattice? Here’s how to tackle this simple weekend project.
The space under a deck can make for a handy storage area.
- Exterior wood lattice
- Exterior trim pieces for the lattice
- Arrow EBN320R.E.D.™ Electric Brad Nail Gun
- Arrow 1-inch BN18™ brad nails
- Arrow 2-inch BN18™ brad nails
- Hand saw
- Measuring tape
Deck Lattice: Steps
- Measure the open areas below your deck to determine dimensions for the lattice panels.
- Cut the lattice panels to sizes needed. Pressure treated lattice is available in 4-foot by 8-foot or 2-foot by 8-foot panels that will fit most needs. You can also save a step by having the pros at your home center cut the panels for you.
- Attach the lattice panels to the open areas of the deck using your Arrow EBN320R.E.D. Electric Brad Nail Gun with 1-inch brad nails, securing at every criss-cross point in the lattice. Fasten the top edge of the lattice onto the apron area below the decking, and attach the lattice sides to the vertical decking supports.
- Cut your trim pieces to size to create a frame around the newly attached lattice. For the corners, you can either miter-cut the trim ends to create a professional-looking joint or overlap the top and bottom trim pieces with the side trim pieces. Secure all trim pieces in place using the Arrow EBN320R.E.D. Electric Brad Nail Gun and 2-inch BN18™ brad nails.
Now that you have completed this super-quick deck makeover, give the lattice and trim pieces a summer to dry out in order to make them weatherproof. This will ensure that any finish applied later will actually stay put.
Decks & Patios
The grating is Drenline steel mesh grating
Price (Ascending) Name (Descending) Bestsellers (Descending)Customer ratings (Descending)PricePriceTitle BestsellersCustomers rating
Door Steel Grating Drenline 390×590
4 500 ₽
Plastic pallet Drenline 60×40
Height: 100 mm from DRENLINE are steel cellular gratings of various sizes and shapes. Such material is used in various areas of construction and industries.
Types and advantages of products
Grating is a structural material used in road construction, water treatment, energy, etc. The metal sheet consists of numerous cells, which allows it to pass dirt and water. Cellular lattice is created by different technologies:
- Welded. It involves the use of steel plates and rods. They are connected to each other by welding. A feature of this flooring is high strength.
- Pressed. It is used to connect elements located in different directions. Most often, gratings are used at crossings and overpasses, bridges, for fencing territories, covering various sites. From the grating, practical and strong stairs are obtained.
What are gratings?
Depending on the chosen manufacturing technique, the products can be divided into two categories:
- Pressed – created on the basis of longitudinal and transverse strips. Thanks to the cold pressing technology, perfect-shaped structures are obtained. A hundred-ton press compresses the grooves of the bearing strips and the connecting elements. To prevent the negative impact of external factors, the gratings are painted or coated with hot zinc.
- Welded flooring – the lattice structure is obtained from strips of metal up to 5 mm thick and up to 75 mm high. They are placed in parallel, and the transverse rod acts as a connecting element. The connection of parts occurs through the use of spot welding.
Why are gratings good?
As for the positive qualities of decking, there are a lot of them:
- light weight does not put pressure on structures with which decking is used;
- manufacturing material is not dangerous for the environment and human health;
- non-combustible material is safe in fires;
- grating withstands dynamic load, and therefore retains its original shape;
- long service life because galvanized steel does not rust;
- aesthetically pleasing;
- thanks to its cellular structure, light penetrates through it. This makes it possible to create shelves from the flooring in warehouses.
The manufacturer guarantees high quality products and offers a wide range. Great value for grating that will last more than 30 years outdoors.
Insulation ISOROC Super Slab 27 mm
Izorocom Super Slab insulated the large loggia from the inside. I already knew Izorok heaters as good, eco-friendly heaters. And the Super Slab was advised to me on the loggia, they said that it also works as soundproofing. At first I was embarrassed by the thickness, only 27 mm, but I decided to listen to advice, but I think, on the other hand, the usable area will go away minimally and sheathed with drywall on top, as the manufacturer recommends on the website. It turned out to be real, it became quieter on the loggia and, of course, warmer.
June 16, 2023
Soft roof Katepal Catrilli Autumn Red
Katepal products are reliable rolled roofs. For the roof, they chose the Katrili collection in the color: “Autumn Red” because of its classic look of the pattern, the hexagon. The color is dark red. Very well considered with a wooden house. It is not difficult to mount and this series is one of the not expensive ones.
June 1, 2023
Fence Stynergy semi-circular R-shaped SteelArt
Bought picket fence Stynergy semi-circular R-shaped SteelArt fence for the front of the fence. They took it under a tree, so that it would look harmonious with nature. The fence is of very good quality, perfectly mounted. Thank you store staff! The plinth was made from Döcke facade panels, model “Rocky”, color Pine nut!
May 31, 2023
Fiberglass decking –
INTERGRATE molded gratings are made from fiberglass and thermosetting resin to form a strong, molded one-piece panel. Molded gratings are unmatched in their ability to withstand the effects of corrosion, and they also have high impact resistance properties.
Due to the wide variety of uses for fiberglass reinforced plastic gratings, Intergreat gratings are produced in various sizes and resins.
Fiberstruct GRP Grating outperforms conventional metal gratings due to higher levels of corrosion resistance, long service life and maintenance-free structure.
Since fiberglass grating weighs less than half steel and is easy to manufacture, it is less expensive to install.
MARK LLC offers two types of high-quality fiberglass grating, cast and uniaxially oriented, both of which are lightweight and easy to install.
Cast grating is unrivaled in terms of corrosion resistance and impact resistance. Fiberstruct uniaxial grating is highly resistant to corrosion and can withstand heavy loads.
Grilles are cast in different shapes according to the customer’s request.
INTERGRATE gratings have unrivaled parameters in overcoming harmful and aggressive environments: they are not susceptible to corrosion, are not affected by chemicals and acids, are able to withstand strong impacts and high pressure, thanks to their durable material.
A wide range of INTERGRATE gratings allows you to vary their size and combination of mixtures depending on your needs. Let us consider in detail all series of lattices.
1. The shape of the Intergrate® series Eco-FR, plastic, reinforced with fiberglass
Material: orthophthalic resin, slow-down, hardened fiber
Color: Gray-Starial RAL-9006.
2. INTERGRATE® shaped grid series ECO-NFR, plastic, glass fiber reinforced
Material: orthophthalic resin, flame retardant, reinforced with glass fiber
Colour: Steel gray RAL-9006
Material: isophthalic resin, retarding burning, glass fiber reinforced
Material: flame retardant isophthalic resin reinforced with glass fiber
flame retardant, reinforced with glass fiber